Book Title: Doctor Mozart Music Theory Workbook Level 3: In-Depth Piano Theory Fun for Children's Music Lessons and HomeSchooling - For Beginners Learning a Musical Instrument
Publisher: April Avenue Music
Author: Machiko Yamane Musgrave
You can see some sample pages from this Doctor Mozart workbook at DoctorMozart.com/LookInside.php
Help Your Child Succeed with Music
Music theory knowledge is essential for your child's success. Doctor Mozart's keyboard-based approach to music theory can help your child succeed with any musical instrument, including piano, guitar, flute, violin, and voice. Doctor Mozart workbooks will help your child with:
- Entertaining graphic memory aids that help your child stay interested and remember each lesson.
- Clear, detailed explanations in short, simple sentences.
- Highly effective exercises to ensure that your child understands every topic.
- Experience with writing notes, clefs, and musical symbols by hand, for learning that is deep and enduring.
Level 3 Topics
The Level 3 workbook covers the following topics in depth:
- Key signatures with 3 and 4 flats, and with 3, 4, and 5 sharps
- The circle of 5ths
- Melodic minor scales
- Intervals on ledger notes
- Triad inversions
- Transposition by octaves
- Plagal, authentic, and half cadences using block chords
- Dotted eighth notes and rhythms
- Common time and cut time
- Triplets (quarter note, 8th note, and 16th note)
- Compound time signatures
- Adding rests to complete a bar
- Repetition and sequences
- Musical terminology
A colorful certificate of achievement at the end of each book rewards students for their effort.
Ideal For Music Lessons and Home Schooling
Because each topic is explained clearly and in detail, Doctor Mozart workbooks are easy to understand for children and parents alike. Hence they are ideal for home schooling.
As well, Doctor Mozart workbooks are exceptionally helpful with formal music lessons, no matter what other teaching materials are used. They are also compatible with the Royal Conservatory of Music® Basic Rudiments program and the Music Teachers' Association of California Certificate of Merit®.
The Doctor Mozart Level 3 workbook is ideal for children aged 8 years and up. It is longer than the other workbooks in the series by 8 pages. As the final workbook in the series, it provides the essential theory background your child needs to succeed with a musical instrument at an intermediate level.
Music Teachers Reviews
"I have been searching for a theory book which will enhance the piano student's lessons rather than bore them. The Doctor Mozart theory book is filled with everything for which I have been searching. The pages are colorful, and there are interesting, fun tips that help students retain information in ways not found in the traditional theory books." J.K., Maple Grove, MN
For more teacher reviews, please see the Level 1 workbook descriptions or visit DoctorMozart.com .